You love your Summit County, Ohio family and you want to make sure that you give them everything they need to stay healthy and happy. One way to do this is by ensuring they have a good meal on their plate. With the help of Sherman Provision in Norton, Ohio you can provide an affordable family meal in the comfort of your own Wayne County, Ohio home! Using the fresh pork products and additional ingredients from Sherman Provision, you can create a delicious meal of pulled pork using this easy pork recipe:
- 5 lbs. of trimmed pork butts
- 2 TBLS Sherman Provision Smokey Barbeque Rub
- 1 Bottle Sherman Provision Original Barbeque Sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees or use a Slow Cooker on high.
- Rub the pork butts with Sherman Provision Smokey Barbeque Rub
- Place the pork butts in a Roaster Pan/Slow Cooker with a lid.
- Cook for 6 to 7 hours. (Pork will be fork tender.)
- Allow meat to cool and remove from the bone.
- Reduce oven to 225 degrees or put Slow Cooker to low.
- Put the meat back in the Roaster Pan or the Slow Cooker.
- Pour Sherman Provision Original Barbeque Sauce over the meat
- Shred the pork with a fork and cook an additional 1 to 2 hours.
Another easy pork recipe you could try at your Summit County residence this season using Sherman Provision’s fresh pork products is their Roast Center Pork Loin. When choosing the center pork loin for your affordable family meal this season, choose one that weighs between 3lbs to 5lbs. You can find this at Sherman Provision in Norton as well as Michael’s Special Seasoning. Once you have the pork loin and seasoning, you’ll be able to start cooking!
- Lightly season the pork loin with Michael’s Special Seasoning
- Place pork, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. (The rack keeps the meat out of the drippings).
- Roast in 325 degree oven. (Preheating the oven is not necessary).
- 3 to 5 lbs. should be cooked 30 to 25 minutes per pound.
- 5 to 7 lbs should be cooked 35 to 40 minutes per pound.
- If using a meat thermometer, it should register at 170 degrees.
- If using a meat thermometer, it should register 170 degrees.
- Remove from oven and allow the cooked roast to set for 15 minutes prior to carving.
While waiting, you can create the perfect sauce to go with your Wayne County roast. This sauce can be created using a jar of apple jelly or a fruit jelly of this nature. From here, you’ll just need to heat the jelly in a small saucepan over medium heat. If desired, you can add cran-raisins to the sauce. This sauce can then be served as a topping for the pork roast for that extra kick of flavor!
Although you have the main course down for your next Wayne County, Ohio group meal using these easy pork recipes, you may want to consider adding a delicious side! One side that all of your Summit County, Ohio guests are sure to enjoy this season is Fried Apple Slices, which are a great accompaniment to your fresh pork product!
Fried Apple Slices
- Take apples with skin and slice thinly
- Shake in a bag with cinnamon and sugar.
- Heat butter in a skillet on the stove at medium heat.
- Fry the apples until soft. This will only take a few minutes.
- The cooked apples can be served on the plate with the pork.
With the help of Sherman Provision in Norton, Ohio, you can create an affordable family meal full of delicious flavor! For more information, visit www.shermanprovision.com or call 330.825.2711 today!
3998 Johnson Rd
Norton, OH 44203